Events, Workshops and Conferences
Looking for a particular topic and/or type of event?
Eat Better Start Better Guidance & Menu Planning for Early Years Settings
The early years provide an excellent opportunity for children start their eating journey correctly and ensure a varied diet is established early. Forming good eating habits at a young age will lay the foundations for children to make correct food choices as they progress into their school years.
The topics we will touch upon include:
- The Eat Better Start Better Guide and why has been developed
- Encouraging children to eat well
- Menu planning and snack guidance
- Navigating the menu planning checklist
This is run for the following boroughs:
All early years practitioners providing meals and snacks to young children, as well as cooks and chefs in early years settings.
The training will help you to:
- Gain a greater understanding of the revised (2017) Voluntary Food and Drink Guidelines for Early Years Settings in England.
- Meet Early Years Foundation Stage welfare requirement for the provision of healthy, balanced and nutritious food and drink.
- Plan menus and snacks to meet the nutritional requirements of young children in your care.
- Understand the revised menu checklist criteria and meet the Voluntary Food and Drink standards detailed in the Eat better Start Better guidance.
- Healthy Eating – 3b, 3i,
- Identification and planning for children’s additional needs – 12c
- Professional development – 16a
Subscribe to our FREE newsletter(s)
Local News, Training & Resources
Direct to your inbox monthly