The government is providing a package of up to £180 million of workforce training, qualifications and support and guidance for the early years sector to help address the impact of the pandemic on the youngest and most disadvantaged children.
The programmes are designed for early years:
- settings, including private, voluntary, independent organisations, childminders, school based nurseries and maintained nursery schools
Designed to support all areas of the early years sector, the package offers training in:
- child development
- communication and language, early mathematics and personal, social and emotional development through the third phase of our professional development programme
- Nuffield Early Language Intervention
- leadership of settings with a new national professional qualification in early years leadership
- supporting care givers in their home learning environment
Additional funding for qualifications:
- graduate-level specialist training leading to early years teacher status
- accredited level 3 early years SENCO qualification
- a review of the level 3 qualification and criteria
Support and guidance to all early years settings through:
For further details - click here.