Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust (CLCH) Oral Health Promotion Team are a dedicated team who specialise in the care and support of oral health for children and their families.
Despite being a preventable disease, dental decay remains the top reason for hospital non-emergency admissions for 5–9-year-olds across the boroughs with many children having teeth extracted under a general anaesthesia. Poor oral health may also result in poor general health as well as:
- Oral infection and discomfort/pain.
- Difficulty eating, sleeping, talking, and socialising due to pain.
- Absence from nursery due to sleepless nights caused by toothache or by visits to the dentist for treatment
The following support is available:
- Oral Health training to Staff in Early Years, Children Centres, and Schools (face to face or virtual)
- Visits to Stay and Play groups at Children Centres where information and resources are shared with families
- Parents sessions (face to face or virtual)
- Attend coffee mornings at schools to promote oral health messages
- Provide resources to improve oral health in your setting
- Offer various support in promoting oral health if you have chosen Oral Health for your HEYL Silver/Gold award project
For further information, please contact
Fiona – email@example.com
Rachael – Rachael.firstname.lastname@example.org