Childminder Training- Supporting Healthy Social and Emotional Development
Date: Saturday 6th March 2021
Venue: Online via Zoom.
Times: 9:30am – 11:30 am
Audience: Childminders in Barnet, Kensington and Chelsea, and Westminster. To be eligible to attend this training, you must register with the Healthy Early Years London programme. To register please complete the online form https://www.research.net/r/HEPHEYL
Social and emotional development are key building blocks for future success in life and impact later learning, achievement and wellbeing. This workshop will consider what childminders can do to support this vital area of development.
- To review social and emotional development within the EYFS and developmental milestones
- To explore what is important in social and emotional development and wellbeing
- To reflect upon how routines and the environment can support social and emotional development
- To take away practical ideas for activities to support social and emotional development
- To be able to recognise children who are struggling in their social and emotional development and have strategies for supporting them
Links to Healthy Early Years London Bronze & Silver criteria
- Social and Emotional Wellbeing – 1b, 1c, 1d, 1g
- Early identification – 12a
- Professional development – 16a
Kensington and Chelsea : https://services2schools.org.uk/Event/129433