Achieving your Healthy Schools Bronze Award
Tuesday 23rd February – 13:30 to 15:30
Please book to attend this session
Format: Online via Zoom
Audience / For: Healthy School Leads
To be eligible to attend this training, your school needs to be registered with Healthy Schools London. To register with Healthy Schools London please go to https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/health/healthy-schools-london/awards/register
All children and young people have the right to be healthy and to achieve at school and in life. Healthy Schools provides opportunities for enhancing emotional and physical aspects of health that will lead to improved health, reduced health inequalities, increased social inclusion and raising achievement. Healthier children do better in learning and in life. By enabling children and young people to make positive changes to their behaviour regarding health and wellbeing, schools help them reach their full potential in terms of achievement and fulfilment. They can also encourage good habits that will benefit children and young people both now and in the future.
The Bronze Award is a review of current provision around PSHE Education, Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health, Physical Activity and Healthy Eating. It is a whole school approach framework to identify strengths and areas for improvement. The Bronze needs to be renewed every 3 years.
The training will help you to:
- Review the process for completing your Bronze HSL review tool
- Consider the benefits to schools, including links to national and local priorities
- Share a range of practical ideas to start completing/reviewing sections of your own school’s tool
- Find out about the support available from our advisers for you and your schools
To book a place on one of the sessions, please complete the relevant online booking form.
- BARNET https://www.research.net/r/BookingForm_HSBronze_23Feb21
- KENSINGTON AND CHELSEA https://services2schools.org.uk/Event/129427